We support our clients through counseling and coaching. We work with you from our office in Laguna Niguel if you are local, and by phone, Skype or Goggle Hangout if you are long distance. We make all attempts possible to schedule appointments at a time that is mutually convenient.
So, what can be done to help someone with ADHD?
ADHD is uniquely experienced by each person. No two people experience it exactly the same way. In order to be more successful as an individual and as a couple, it is important to know what behaviors are associated with ADHD.
We help our clients through the following:
- Lack of Focus: Not giving attention to immediate and important subjects, tasks, and responsibilities.
- Relationship Issues: Interpersonal Communications, respect for boundaries, problem resolution, Intimacy issues.
- Hyperfocus: Great depth of attention when focussed on certain tasks. May not remember critical details of conversations when interrupted, even briefly. Can cause loss of Inner Sense of Time+.
- Things: Clutter; things out of place; piles v.s. files; misplaces Items (Can also be the result of Inattention).
- Processes: Poor planning; inoppertune scheduling, incomplete projects; Time Management*
- Prioritizing: Challenges with juggling the order of tasks as priorities change.
- Time Management
- Time Estimation: Frequent lateness; often believes activities require less time than estimated
- Sense of Time: Inaccuracy of the inner sense of time passage.
- Maintaining a schedule: Ability to control decisions to force adequate results within the allotted time.
- Procrastination: Putting off undesirable tasks.
- Forgetfulness: Misplacing Items; forgetting important tasks; short term and working memory limitations.*
- Impulsivity: Impulse purchases; inconsistent and unpredictable behaviors; excessive talking; interrupting others; blurting out answers before questions have been completed.
- Emotional Problems: Anxiety, Depression, Anger, Frequent Frustration, Fearfulness, Overwhelm.
- Poor Self-Image: Feeling powerless; believing self is not as good As others; believing self is not as capable as others.
- Lack of Motivation: Hard to get started on tasks or activities.
- Hyperactivity: Restlessness, biting nails, bouncing feet, drumming fingers, clicking pen/pencils, doodling, twirling hair.
- Fatigue: Chronic tiredness.
We have many tools that will help you work towards the goal of lessening these symptoms, and ultimately, helping you in your marriage. We encourage you to take control of your life so that you can feel more successful and that you are accomplishing more and more.
*Working memory is used when we need to temporarily store information in order to carry out specific processes that include mental tasks such as learning, reasoning, and comprehension.
If you think this would be good for you call Steve on (949) 288-3459 or Nancie on (949) 922-8548.